Does Blue Sky offer Emergency Services or Weekend Services?Yes! We offer 24/7 emergency services for all of your plumbing, heating, or air conditioning emergencies! Call us day or night!
What is the Blue Sky Guarantee?Should you be dissatisfied with our work anytime during the first year following an installation project or service repair, we will return and re-do the original project to your satisfaction – all at no additional cost.
Does Blue Sky offer Financing Options?Yes, we do! We are proud to offer Greensky! Apply directly on our website!
Can I Schedule My Appointment Online?Yes! Blue Sky offers a convenient calendar scheduler directly on our website so you can pick the best date and time for your plumbing, electrical, heating or AC appointment! Start scheduling here!
What plumbing services does Blue Sky offer?
We offer a complete line of plumbing services. No matter what is going on with your home’s plumbing, we can fix it, replace it, or install a new one. We can also help you make plumbing-related upgrades to your home. Need a new toilet, tub, sink, shower, or faucet? We have you covered. Finally, we can help you with your water heater, your water softener, or your water filtration. Call us today with all of your plumbing-related questions and we’ll get you the answers you need.
What can I put down my garbage disposal?
As long as you use enough water, you can put almost any non-fibrous food down your garbage disposal. This includes bones up to ½” in diameter, coffee grounds, eggs and egg shells, orange rinds, apples, and potato peelings. Most problems occur when you don’t use enough water and don’t allow the water to run for at least 10 seconds after the food disappears.
How do I know if my toilet is leaking?
Toilet leaks are more common than you might think. This can make your water bill sky-high and leave you wondering what is going on. Here are a few signs that your toilet is leaking:
- You frequently have to jiggle the handle to make the toilet stop running.
- You have to hold down the handle when to flush to get the tank to empty.
- Water runs over the top of the overflow pipe.
- You hear sounds of water running in the toilet when it is not being used.
- Water runs down the sides of the toilet bowl long after the toilet was last used.
- You hear the toilet tank refilling even though it hasn’t been emptied recently.
What is the best kind of pipe for my home?
Most of the time, we suggest plastic or PEX/PVC piping for your home. This material lasts for a long time because it doesn’t rust and is less likely to crack or break than some other types of pipe. Unless you are in a very specific situation, which our plumbers will discover, we highly recommend this type of piping for your home.
What is hydro jetting?
Hydro jetting offers a way to clean your drains without digging up your yard or pulling your home apart to access clogged pipes. Instead, we use a tool that sprays highly-pressurized water into your pipes. We control the pressure of the water and where it sprays, so we can remove your clog and clean your entire pipe. A hydrojetting tool has one nozzle that sprays forward and 6-8 that sprays backward. On the first pass, the reverse-facing jets propel the nozzle forward while the front one breaks up clogs. When we pull the nozzle back through the pipe, the reverse jets scour the edges of the pipe until they look like new. If your plumber thinks that hydrojetting is a good option for you, we’ll let you know and get the job done fast.
Does Blue Sky Offer Commercial Plumbing Services?
Absolutely. No matter if you are a homeowner or a business owner, we’ve got your plumbing in Denver covered! We offer full commercial plumbing services for old or new buildings. Visit our Commercial Plumbing page to learn more about our plumbing services for businesses!
What kind of water heater should I get?
Most of the time, the type of water heater you get will be determined by the type of connections you already have. Unless you are highly motivated to change the type of water heater that you have, the best choice is usually to get the same kind that was installed before. If you are in a place to change the type of water heater that you have, gas is often the better option. It is cheaper and can heat larger quantities of water faster. However, gas water heaters are usually larger than electric ones and you cannot store flammable liquids nearby.
What kind of sink should I get?
When it comes to getting a new sink, you have many options. These include:
- Cast iron
- Stainless steel
- Enameled steel
- And more!
When our experts help you install a sink, we’ll ask you what you plan to do with it. Will you wash dishes in it regularly? Is it likely you will drop dishes or silverware in it? Then, we’ll ask you about your preferences. Do you want a large sink or a small one? Do you want a sink that sits on top of the counter or below the counter level? Once we know the answers to these questions, we’ll work with you to find the perfect kind of sink for your home. In general, cast iron and stainless steel are more durable than some other types of sinks, but they may require special care.
Why is my drain clogged? I’m so careful!
We believe you when you tell us that you are so careful about putting grease down your drains. Unfortunately, most people end up putting it down accidentally no matter how hard they try to do the opposite. When you rinse plates, bowls, pots, and pans in your sink, they often have a thin layer of grease on them. This gets rinsed down the drain with the rest of the debris from your plate. When this grease contacts a cold pipe downstream from the kitchen sink, it solidifies and attaches to the pipe wall. Over the years, even the smallest amounts of grease can build up and cause clogs. Don’t worry, though! Your Blue Sky plumber will get that clog out fast!
What electrical services does Blue Sky offer?
We’ll take care of your electrical system no matter what is going on. From simple repairs, like fixing an outlet, to complex ones, like replacing your breaker box or rewiring your home, our experienced electricians have your back. We’ll get to you fast, find the problem, and take care of it ASAP. We can also handle all of your electrical replacement and electrical installation needs. Our experts will get your home’s electricity working just the way you need it to work.
How can I know that my home’s electrical system is safe?
Perform an electrical safety inspection at home at least once a year. Start by checking your fuse panel or breaker box. Make sure that it’s not overloaded and that there aren’t any loose wires or connections. If you have circuit breakers, flip a couple and make sure the box is working as designed. Next, examine all visible cords and wires. Make sure that there aren’t any exposed wires and that all cords are plugged in properly. Finally, if you have GFCI outlets in your home, check them to make sure they are fully functional.
Why are my electrical bills so high?
Electrical bills can go up for many reasons. A surprising number of our customers find that their bills go up because the electrical company raises rates. They may notify you, but these notifications are easy to miss. If your company hasn’t raised rates, there are a number of places where your electrical system might be leaking electricity. The best way to find out what is going on in your home is to bring in an electrical professional from Blue Sky to find the problem and fix it quickly.
How can I improve my home’s lighting?
There are so many things you can do to improve your lighting. We can install lights that highlight or spotlight certain features of a room or certain pieces of art. We can also install lights so that they are convenient for the areas where you read or work. Finally, we can update your lighting so that it fits in with the look and feel of your home and the latest trends if you care about those. Call us today to make your lighting better than it’s ever been.
When should I call a professional electrician?
Bring in a professional for most electrical problems and installations. Working with electricity can be dangerous and it’s not worth an injury just to do it yourself. We know that people worry about the hassle and the cost of calling an electrician. At Blue Sky, we promise to do our work when it’s convenient for you. We also promise to work with you as much as possible on the cost of repairs or installations so you can have a safe, functional electrical system that you don’t have to worry about.
What can I do to prevent power surges?
Avoid damage from power surges when you install a whole-home surge protector or use highly-rated surge protectors for all of your important plugs and outlets. If you find out that you are having regular power surges, remove any cheap electronic devices from the system and see if the surges continue. If they keep going, it’s time to bring in an electrical professional to test your system and find the problem.
What should I do if my breakers keep tripping or my fuses keep blowing?
Breakers flip every now and then and fuses blow. It’s only a problem when it keeps happening, either on the same circuit or on different ones. If you have problems on different circuits, the issue may lie in your fuse or breaker box. Get a pro to test it out and see what is going on. If there’s one circuit that keeps causing problems, make sure you don’t have too many high-wattage devices plugged into it. Try unplugging one to see if the problem continues. You may need to plug some devices in somewhere else or install a new circuit to handle the necessary wattage.
What is involved in installing a hot tub?
Are you thinking about getting a new hot tub? They can provide you a great way to relax and have fun with the people you love. However, you need to make sure that you have the right electrical setup before you try to use your new tub. Some hot tubs are “plug and play” so you can simply plug them into an outdoor electrical outlet. However, most hot tubs require more voltage than normal. This can mean installing a new circuit or upgrading an existing one so that your hot tub will function. Our experts from Blue Sky can take a look at your new hot tub and your existing electrical setup and get everything working well soon.
What are the benefits of furnace maintenance?
We recommend annual furnace maintenance in Denver. Sometimes, customers ask us what they stand to gain from this service. Here are just a few of the benefits you could have:
- Improved heating, especially in rooms that are often too hot or too cold.
- Use less energy because your heater will work more efficiently.
- Spend less on heating costs because you’re using less energy.
- Find potential problems with your heater and get them fixed before they cause major heating breakdowns.
- Make your heater last longer because it won’t experience as much wear and tear.
How long does a furnace last?Many furnaces come with a lifespan of around 20 years, however depending on how often you clean and maintain your furnace it could be shorter. A good rule of thumb is to start thinking about replacing your furnace after 15 years. Annual maintenance can increase that number, and an experienced furnace technician will be able to tell you the estimated lifespan during a tune-up.
What type of furnace is best for me?
There are 4 main types of furnaces available in most residential homes: Natural Gas, Oil, Electric, and Propane
- Natural gas is a long-term, economical, and energy-efficient option, and a popular option for a well-rounded furnace that works for years to come
- Electric furnaces are smaller and more budget-friendly, a good option for smaller or remote homes without gas lines running to their properties
- Oil furnaces are similar to natural gas furnaces, but they are slightly less expensive and less efficient than natural gas furnaces
- Propane furnaces are the least common but are a great option for more remote locations that do not have a gas line, or anyone preferring to stock up on their own propane to use their furnace
What does furnace maintenance include?
Most furnace maintenance visits include at least 4 things:
- A visual inspection of your HVAC system
- A filter change
- Cleaning out dust and debris from the unit
- And testing each component of your furnace to make sure it’s working the way it was designed to.
What are signs my furnace is going out?
On average, your furnace can last between 15-20 years if it is properly maintained. However, if you notice any of the following things, it may be a sign that time to replace your furnace:
- Loud banging, clanking, or squealing sounds coming from inside your furnace
- You are calling for repairs more often than usual
- It takes longer for your furnace to heat your house properly, or you find some rooms are colder than others
- Your energy bills are increasing, even though you’re using your furnace the same amount
- You smell something rotten, or smell burning even after starting up your furnace for the first time for the year. It is common to smell a slight burning dusty smell the first time you fire up your furnace for the season, but if it continues throughout the year, you may have an issue
- Moisture accumulating around the furnace or vents
- Your pilot light is flickering, or turning yellow. This could indicate a dangerous carbon monoxide leak
What does Blue Sky offer when it comes to heating services?
We will take care of any problems that you have with your heating system. No matter what kind of heating you have, we have experts on staff who understand your system and get you warm again soon. We’ll handle any repairs, replacements, or installations that you need to have done to keep your home functioning well and everyone inside it comfortable.
How can I maximize my heater’s efficiency?
No one loves to pay high heating bills. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your heater is working optimally this winter:
- Change your filter regularly. Our experts can tell you how often this is for your heater and your home, or you can change it once every 1-3 months. Make sure your insulation is optimized. You should have plenty of insulation to keep your warm air in and not let it escape.
- -Consider other heating sources. Use space heaters if you only want to heat a small part of your home at once. Get your heater tuned up. Our tune-up service includes cleaning out your heater so that it doesn’t have to work so hard, which means it won’t use as much energy.
What can I do to make my heater safe this winter?
Are you concerned about heating safety this winter? If you want to make sure your heater is safe, here’s what you can do:
- Do not close more than 20% of the heating registers in your home.
- Use a carbon monoxide detector. This will ensure that your gas furnace is burning natural gas properly and is not releasing dangerous gases into your house.
- Check your pilot light. If your pilot light goes out regularly or changes color, it’s time to bring in a professional. Your gas line may be malfunctioning or there may be a stream of air getting into your furnace. Gas problems are nothing to laugh at, so bring in a professional as soon as possible.
When do I need a new heater?
If your heater is near the end of its lifespan and/or isn’t working the way you need it to, call Blue Sky today to ask about getting a new heater. Our experts will evaluate your current heater and let you know what we recommend. In general, we often recommend a new heater when:
- Your current heater needs repairs that cost more than half of what it would cost to replace it.
- You have had to call for frequent repairs and it seems like your heater is wearing out.
- Your heater is near the end of its lifespan and you are concerned about breakdowns.
- Your heater cannot effectively heat your home.
How can I save money on heating this winter?
It’s easy to save money on heating when you make sure that your heater is working as well as it possibly can.
- Consider lowering the temperature. Turn down the thermostat until your family starts to notice that it’s colder.
- Get a programmable or smart thermostat. These allow you to keep your home cooler during the hours when you aren’t there while still warming it up by the time you get home.
- Make sure your heater is working efficiently. See the tips offered above for how to do this.
What kinds of heaters will Blue Sky work on?
- All Makes and Models
- Boiler Installations
- Boiler Maintenance
- Boiler Repairs
- Commercial Boiler Installations
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Furnace Maintenance
- Commercial Furnace Services
- Mini Split Installation
- Electric Heater Installation
- Emergency Heating Repair
- Garage Heaters
- Humidifier Installation
- Indirect Fire Water Heaters + Sidearm Water Heaters
- In-floor Radiant Heat
- Infrared Heaters
- Old Furnace Removal with New System
- Rooftop Unit Repair and Installation
- Smart Thermostat Installation
- Tube Heaters
- Unit Heater Installation
Air Conditioning Services FAQ
Which air conditioning services does Blue Sky offer?
No matter what is going on with your air conditioning, we’ll work with you to help you find the right solutions for your needs. We can fix your air conditioner, replace it with a new one, and install any parts you need to have installed. We’ll make sure you have the cool air that you and your family need so you can live well all summer long.
What is the best type of air conditioner for me?
Most people think of traditional air conditioners when it comes to cooling their homes. However, there are actually many options when it comes to getting you and your family comfortable during the summer. Your options include:
- Central air conditioners
- Window air conditioners
- Portable air conditioners
- Heat pumps
- Ductless mini-split air conditioning systems
Every situation and every person requires a different type of air conditioner. Our experts will take a look at your situation, talk to you about your cooling needs, and then recommend the type or types of air conditioner that we think would work best for you.
Should I call for AC maintenance?
We offer comprehensive air conditioning maintenance. However, a lot of homeowners aren’t sure why they would ask for this service because they aren’t sure how it benefits them. Here are just a few of the things you can gain when you call us for A/C maintenance.
- A more efficient air conditioner. Make your air conditioner use energy better, which will lower your bills every month.
- Stay cooler at home. Your air conditioner may be able to process more cold air after it gets tuned up, which means that it will be more effective at cooling your home.
- Avoid major A/C problems later. Find any potential air conditioning issues before they cause a major malfunction and get them fixed before you need to rely on your air conditioner again.
How do I clean my air conditioner?
Cleaning your air conditioner can be a great way to keep it running well and make sure that it isn’t working so hard that it experiences extra wear and tear.
1. Turn off the air conditioner and flip the circuit breaker so it’s not getting any power.
2. Remove the cover on your outdoor unit.
3. Use a condenser cleaner to clean your condenser coils. Follow the directions on the bottle to achieve maximum cleanliness.
4. Change your air conditioning filter.
Do I need a new air conditioner?
Not sure if it’s time to buy a new air conditioner? Our experts will come to take a look at your current one and let you know what they recommend. We usually tell people to get a new A/C under the following circumstances:
- Your current air conditioner is near the end of its lifespan and you’re concerned about an emergency breakdown or our technician thinks that a breakdown is near.
- You need to fix your air conditioner and the repair will cost more than half the cost of replacing the unit.
- You’ve been calling frequently for A/C repairs and you’re tired of the hassle or you feel like you’ve spent too much money on smaller repairs.
When should I choose a window air conditioner?
Window air conditioners are the best option for air conditioning when:
- You cannot install another type of air conditioner because you’re renting or because your building cannot support it.
- You only want to cool a single room or space in your home, or you need some extra cooling power for a small space.
- You don’t use air conditioning very often so it’s not worth the expense of installing ductwork and other components necessary for other air conditioning systems.
How can I spend less on cooling costs?
When your air conditioner is working efficiently, you won’t have to spend as much on cooling costs. Here are a few tips for making your air conditioner work better:
- Change your filter regularly. When your filter is dirty, your air conditioner has to work extra hard to get the air that it cools.
- Use a programmable thermostat or one you can control with your smartphone. This allows you to keep your home warmer when you aren’t there while still lowering the temperature before you get home.
- Check your insulation. Insulation isn’t just for the winter! In the summer, it can keep your cool air inside and the warm air outside so you can stay more comfortable for a longer time.
Do I need air quality testing?Are you concerned about your indoor air quality? Do you want to breathe high-quality air and you’re not sure if you’re doing so? Then air quality testing might be right for you. We recommend air quality testing if you’ve had construction in your home or in nearby areas. You may also want to have your indoor air tested if you’re struggling with allergies and asthma when you’re in your home. We can test for all sorts of contaminants, then let you know what we find, and design an air filtration or purification system that will address your specific needs.